Looking for Realism – African sanitation report
there was a report new report out this winter called
REACHING THE MDG TARGET FOR
SANITATION IN AFRICA
– A CALL FOR REALISM –
- REACHING THE MDG TARGET FOR SANITATION IN AFRICA – A CALL FOR REALISM
- BUILDING POLITICAL COMMITMENT FOR SANITATION IN A FRAGMENTED INSTITUTIONAL LANDSCAPE
- HOOKED ON SANITATION SUBSIDIES
- CHALLENGES IN SUPPORTING HYGIENE BEHAVIOUR CHANGE
- MEASURING PROGRESS IN SANITATION
It is not soft in its observations. It reference multiple source in substantiating its title.
Like the following:”Many private organizations
and government departments have focused on providing toilets aimed at achieving high coverage
rates rather than motivating their use and maintenance (17). The end result is the construction of
toilets that are either not wanted, inappropriate or unused. ”
Seems Like we need to be doing some more reality checks and long term monitoring of solutions.